As member of a team I was looking for some solution which will enable us to share bookmarks across the team. Because I have some good experiences with del.icio.us bookmark manager and it also fulfil basic conditions, my focus was clear from the beginning.
The basic conditions were:
- bookmarks should be shared among all team members
- because the members are traveling and then they are out of corporate network we need access to bookmarks from anywhere
- posting and using bookmark should be as simple as possible
- some members uses IE, some members uses Mozilla
- at least some members of team (eg. me :-) has it's own personal account on del.icio.us and they want to use bookmarks from both of them at a time.
- network member's bookmarks are not merged between user's bookmarks (I mean merged just for view)
- for:ta tag suggestion is present, but it adds bookmarks just into "links for you" section of TA (BTW at the moment it is impossible to remove proposed bookmark - see del.icio.us FAQ)
- we can't use personal and TA account together with browser extension
- somebody should be responsible for accepting proposed bookmarks of TA from "links for you"
- you cant use browser extension to access team bookmarks
- you can't search bookmarks by tags (but you can create more Live Bookmarks for each or some tags)
- when somebody save bookmarks from "links for you" to main group the bookmark is present in both groups
- improve "links for you" functionality
- user can define list of trusted users and their proposed bookmarks will be added directly (with some flag) into "my bookmarks"
- provide possibility to delete bookmarks from "links from you" group (in progress - see del.icio.us FAQ)
- improve "network" functionality
- provide possiblity to configure you network member to have his bookmarks merged (just for view) between your bookmarks
- provide RSS feeds containing users tags